Monday 21 November 2011

We're all winners with this quilt!

It started innocently enough with one 10-inch block
hand appliqued, using hand dyed fabrics
and inspiration from the blog of quilt historian Barbara Brackman.
And it ended with my mom, my collaborator on this project
pulling the winning ticket at a school event

And me, puzzling out the handwriting
to proclaim the winner of this quilt

Midnight Blooms, 95 by 95
hand appliqued and machine quilted

Only one person won the quilt,
but I feel like a winner too.
This quilt, which developed from an idea sparked on blogland
raised $5,200 for my sons' school
and raised awareness about quilts and quiltmaking
in their school's community

and brought me and my mother satisfaction
in being able to to use our gifts and our interests
to raise some serious cash.

Thanks to all of you who supported me in this project,
both with your advice and comments
and in buying tickets,
even if they did cost $10 each.


5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations!!! Super!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo! congrats! someone won a beautiful quilt!

Heidi said...

Great, you can be very proud ! And the new owner of the quilt very happy. It's a beauty !

Rene' said...

Brenda, this quilt is spectacular!!! Congratulations to the winner and for a successful fundraiser.

valleyp said...

COngratulations to you and your Mom, beautifully done all around.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>