Friday 20 June 2014

Steps to a finish!

 STTCH QAYC
Yesterday I finished this quilt -- and then promptly gave it away.
Some of you may recall this Steps to the Courthouse
quilt as you go project I've been working on in the last few months.
Here it is finished, and tied to a fleece backing.
It measures about 58 inches square.


I used many scraps in this,
and many little bits of batting.
it was satisfying to use up all those narrow parts from trimming up quilts.
 My strips are 4.5 inches. 
I joined them with a one-inch connecting strip, 
and then tied the completed top to a fleece backing.


Here's the new owner, who is happy with his new "blanket"


Because I was in a rush to get it done,
I went for a simple label,
done with free motion quilting in the light blocks.

And here is the back before the backing went on.
The seams lie flatter than in this pix.

I'm linking up with Sarah and Amanda and TGIFF.

11 comments:

Kat said...

great idea for a scrap quilt! It looks awesome!

Alla Blanca said...

What a cute quilt. I may have to give this QAYG a try--especially seeing the bits of batting you were able to use up in the process.

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is just wonderful --and I love the happy gifted photos!!

cspoonquilt said...

Great way to use scraps , of all kinds! And clearly the new owner is a happy camper! cheers!

Nifty Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt! I love how the sashing strips organize the scraps. The new owner looks very pleased!

MariQuilts said...

Looks fabulous!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt. makes me want to try this method.

LA Paylor said...

love a scrap quilt. I'm going to look around your blog. love the header!
Leeanna not afraid of color
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Lorna McMahon said...

Congrats on the finish! Looks like the recipient really appreciates all the hard work you put into this sweet quilt. Such a happy smile!

Sujata Shah said...

Beautiful quilt! The new owner looks very happy indeed!

Terri said...

Love all the color!
Hugs

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>